Do you ever get stuck for meal ideas after eating the same thing night after night? Follow my food series to see what I’ve been cooking up to give you some inspo. This week, it’s dinner time!
1. Steak with homemade chips To make the chips, cut 3-4 large potatoes into chips. Boil for 15 minutes, drain and transfer to a baking tray. Drizzle on some cooking oil (I used sunflower) and add pepper to taste. Cook in a preheated oven for around 15-20 minutes on 160 degrees until cooked through and soft.
2. Classic Bangers & Mash For the mash I always use Floria Buttery spread and a dash of whole milk. For an extra twist, I sometimes add chopped spring onion or 2 dollops of Philadelphia & chive soft cheese.
3. Mild Curry with coconut rice. Fresh coriander gives store bought curry an authentic taste. Microwave rice is not only cheap but quick and convenient. Add vegetables of your choice – I used mushrooms, red pepper and onions.
4. Beef meatballs and spaghetti I only ever use fresh mince from a butcher, this gives much better flavour and texture. Add 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic, some dried basil and paprika to the uncooked mince, distribute throughout then roll into balls. We added fresh coriander to garnish because tom loves it, but you could use basil or parsley.
5. Smoked Haddock, Prawns & boiled potatoes. Serve with green beans or broccoli. This is also very nice with freshly made parsley sauce.
6. Chicken Balti & Mexican RiceOne of Toms favourite foods is Uncle Bens Mexican Rice, its subtle enough to serve with almost any dish and yet full of flavour.
7. Maggie So Juicy Italian Chicken Perfect for a quick fix; the Maggie So Juicy range is perfect for busy family’s, you literally put everything into a bag, seal then leave to cook. Perfect