As much as I sometimes love baking with my kids, I am epically shit at getting a cake batter to rise. I’ve tried every variation of every recipe going and I still can’t get it right!
So do you know what I do? I cheat.
Oh yes! There is a way to make perfect cupcakes with zero stress and minimal effort and all it takes is a box of pre-made cake mixture. I’ve no idea why I spent so long trying to create my own batter when I could have quite literally just bought it.
And here it is, the Tesco Vanilla Cupcake Kit, 290g. Bloody genius! And at only £1.45, it’s a lot cheaper than buying cake-making ingredients separately. #Winning
It includes; cake batter mix, icing sugar, sprinkles and cake-cases. I promise, it is so easy to do, it’s almost impossible to fuck up. So,
1. Add the batter mix to a bowl with the required milk then mix in an egg. Done.
2. Spoon equal amounts into the cake-cases (that are preferably in a cupcake tin) transfer to the oven then watch them rise. Like actually rise!
3. Once completely cooled, make the icing by adding the icing sugar to a bowl and mixing with the required amount of butter.
4. Spoon or pipe (if you wanna be a bit fancy) the icing on to the cupcakes, add the included sprinkles and some additional mini eggs.
5. Alternatively, if you want to up your decorating game, swap the included icing for a pouch of Dr. Oetker Ready To Use Easy Icing, 80p for 100g.
And there you have it, (almost) professional looking Cupcakes that came straight out of a box with zero faff! You’re welcome! Now go knock the socks of those PTA moms when you rock up with your batch for the Easter bake sale.