My children, like most their age, are obsessed with slime and how to make it. As a consequence, my YouTube playlist now contains various tutorials on how to make safe slime with as little as two ingredients. One of them that stuck out was a cornflour & hair conditioner slime.
It wasn’t a wet or sticky slime, in fact it had more of a dough-like consistency which I thought would be perfect for the little ones to make and play with.
It was really easy and simple to do and the boys loved it! Especially when adding the food colouring. The dough is super soft and squishy and smells awesome (thanks to the conditioner!)
It can get a bit messy with the cornflour flying out of the bowl but that’s all part of the fun.
How we did it:
1. Start off by adding a few tablespoons of cornflour to a bowl and 1-2 tablespoons of conditioner.
2. Use a spoon to start blending it all together then go straight in with your hands to combine it.
3. If it is too sticky, add more cornflour, if it’s too dry, add more conditioner.
4. Once you’ve made your batch of dough it should be firm but not hard and easily playable. Separate it into 4-6 equal parts.
5. Do one colour at a time for each piece of dough. Simply add a couple of drops of colour to the dough and kneed with your fingertips to blend in the colour. This can take a little bit of time to get it completely blended but it also looks great as a marble effect.
6. Store in a food bag or air right container when not in use.